Friday, August 31, 2007

Story Worth Waiting For

So, yes, it's been a week since my last post. I apologize. But I think this post will be enough to make up for it. Oh, yeah. It's good.

Yesterday I walked down from the pool to the ocean to get my parents' towels off the chairs they had rented. I recognized a towel I thought was my mom's, but there was a lady sitting on the chair. As I approached the chairs a man next to the lady started taking off his belt and unbuttoning his dress (!) pants. Then, oh dear Lord, he pulled them down. I saw white boxers. I was almost to the chairs...reaching for the towels. OH NO HE DIDN'T. Just as I grabbed the towels, in one motion he pulled down his pants and boxers, tugged on the bottom of his wife beater and tucked it under his naked bum, then set down on MY DAD'S CHAIR. He was changing into his bathing suit. And I saw crack. Ooooh, dude. Crack kills. I was mortified. The lady turned around and asked if these were my chairs. What, the monograms didn't give it away? They were European, I think. I grabbed the towels and ran.

It's darn hard to run barefoot through sand.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I hope you washed those towels before using them again! Gross!

Katie B said...

I think I would've just left the towels, monogrammed or not.

Robin said...

I imagine it is hard to run barefoot in the sand when you have been blinded by crack.

really, I don't even want to imagine it.

Stephanie said...

Well, I need to clarify that they weren't actually on our towels, just on the edges of the seats. Otherwise, I would've burned them.