Saturday, August 18, 2007

Heading Home Sweet Home

Well today was our last day in Destin. The weather has been perfect. The ocean, crystal clear with no seaweed. Yesterday's waves were really great for jumping and riding, but today it was too calm. On our way out to the pool today, we ran into a couple who goes to school with Sean. So weird. We finished up tonight with a lot of snow crab legs. Yum.

This couple who caught my attention yesterday in the pool sat by us today. The guy is pretty young, really tan, very cut, few tattoos. He's with a [much] older woman who has a teenage son, probably around 14. There was another couple with them; I think it was the woman's older son and his girlfriend. I decided the first couple met at the gym. Anyway, the pretty-boy boyfriend played a lot of catch with the youngest son. The problem was, neither of them could catch the football, and it kept skipping across the pool and splashing my pages of Harry Potter. A couple of times the kid overthrew the ball and almost hit me with it. [Sean was on high alert, ready to fight!]

I was really wishing I had a wand.

Okay, sorry for the boring post. Surely something exciting will happen next week!

3 comments:

Katie B said...

I think you should speed on the way home. Surely all of the state troopers will have the day off.

Leah said...

Yea, you're reading Harry Potter! Which one are you on?

Stephanie said...

Welll, I thought I was on book 4, but it had been a long time since I'd had time to read, and I was only on book 3!! I cried when Sirius was recaptured because Harry had to go back to the Dursleys! Anyway, I finished it and am now into 4. I'm never putting them down again.