Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Blew My Chance

So I got to thinking the other night, I totally gave up the chance to move to San Francisco.

See, SF is where Sean and I went on our honeymoon, and we fell in love. With the city. We were on that post-wedding high, so we made big plans for Sean to go to law school out West. Ahh, yes, it would be the life. But the reality was, it's a long, long way away from family, it's expensive, and--oh yeah--I needed a job. I totally chickened out. Sean would've gone, but I freaked.

But now, I think we should've done it. When else could we go so far and be so free. Eh, that's a little hokey, but you get the idea. If someone could promise us jobs that paid above the poverty line and guarantee me that the move was for a finite amount of time--say a year or two or even three--I'd be packed tomorrow.

And, so far, Sean and I have followed the path my parents did. Live in Georgia; get married; move to B'ham; move to Cali, have me; go back home. It's kind of like we have to do it, right?

2 comments:

brooke said...

Gah, are you sure it's too late??? Come on! We'll be neighbors! We can start our own business. The Dixie Cherries, Cherries in Cali...whatever you want to call it! We can do this.

Stephanie said...

It is appealing...