Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quite a Dinner

So for dinner our first night here in Destin, we went down to AJ's. I ordered a shrimp, scallop, and crawfish muffaletta, and Sean got an oyster po'boy. It's important for me to tell you that mine was around $11 and his was about $10. You'd think they'd be comparable, yes? You'd be wrong. The waitress warned me the muffaletta was big, but the proportion she showed with her hands looked equivalent to two regular white-bread sandwiches. Sean said he'd eat some, so I wasn't worried.



Here's the sandwich, before and after. It was beyond enormous. Sean estimated the diameter to be about 10 inches. TEN! Some lady and her daughter even walked over to ask me what it was. She said her husband told her that the look on my face was priceless. I was totally shocked! In the end, I gave up, took off the top, and ate the seafood and olive spread. But mostly I just laughed and endured the stares of everyone around me.

4 comments:

Katie B said...

good grief! That's the biggest sandwich I've ever seen.

Stephanie said...

and I'm not even sure the photo does it justice!

Unknown said...

hahaha, you made a noble effort, though.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, what you don't see is the extra plate full of bread from the missing half. I mostly ate the filling!