Saturday, September 1, 2007

Yes, We're ALL Together

I'm at the beach again, this time with TWENTY-SEVEN members of my family. Yes, we are that family. Four siblings and their spouses; eight adult cousins plus various spouses, boyfriends, and girlfriends; and six children. We are a sight. We're obnoxious to other people, I'm sure, but it's so fun. Because I'm childless, I thought it was a good idea to loan out my two spray bottles to the kids. We're very loud, and we all like goofing off in the pool. You know, we toss in kids, dunk adults, and push in anyone at the perimeter. We jump waves together in the ocean. My poor grandmother feels sure someone is going to get eaten by a shark. The kids are hopped up on sugar and the football smack talk is going strong.

And my oldest cousin brought his new girlfriend and her 3-year-old son. Bless her heart. I hope she's still around at Christmastime. We've had quite a few first-timers. Lots of them don't come back.

And I hope no one sees us mercilessly tossing little children into the pool and calls DFCS (dee-fax, as we Georgians say). Because the best argument probably isn't that the kids started it. Hey, they know how to swim. We're not that cruel.

1 comments:

Robin said...

dee-fax. I am gonna have to remember that.