Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thought of Another Time

I've had one other bad experience with a truck driver. On my way back to school once, I was stuck in some traffic just north of Atlanta. I needed to get over because my lane was going to close, so I put on my blinker. There was an open spot and I had a fairly small car, so I slid in. Well, evidently some trucker was waiting to get in that spot, and he thought I took it from him on purpose. My sunroof was open, and he hung out that truck window and starting cussing me up and down. It was actually very terrifying. I got mad and called, who else, my dad. He told me to get him the truck company's number. So I made a big production of pulling alongside this guy in traffic (sunroof now closed) and pulling out my pen and paper with a flourish. I wrote down a number from the mudflaps.

My dad called the number and lit in to some supervisor about what had happened. After he took a breath, the guy on the other line said, "Sir, we just manufacture the mudflaps for that trucking company, but I'm very sorry for what happened. Is your daughter okay?" Ha ha. Oops.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That's hilarious!

Robin said...

I love this story. this sounds like something I would do.

Stephanie said...

Thanks. ha ha. My poor dad. He laughed about it but it's one of the reasons my nickname is Bonehead.