Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boys Are Weird

Last night we went to a party for a friend. Somehow Sean and two other guys started talking about losing weight and, before I knew it, they had hammered out a little bet. They are weighing in this Monday. The next weigh-in will be January 7, I think, and they are judging by percentage of weight lost, not actual pounds.

The winner gets dinner for himself and his spouse, paid for by the two losers who didn't lose quite enough. I have no problem with this bet because, either way, I'm going out with friends.

But here's the kicker. They were going to weigh in after church this Sunday, and one of the guys was bringing a scale with him. This in itself was funny enough, but now one guy won't be there on Sunday, so they are meeting at a BP station Monday morning and bringing the scale. I swear, I've really got to go so I can get a photo of this.

Surely there is an easier way.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

They must not trust each other to each weigh themselves. Are they going to have to weigh in together each time so they can all use the same scale again? Ingriuging (pardon the likely mispelling).

Robin said...

what word did you mean Katie? Intriguing?

I couldn't imagine getting on a scale in front of my friends.
That just doesn't happen with women.
at least not the women I know.

Stephanie said...

That's what we said! Never. And definitely not in a gas station parking lot. Yes, Natalie, they will reconvene (sp?) on January 7 for the final weigh-in. They're so weird.

Natalie said...

Yes, Intriguing. And I know you're tired mom, but it was me, Natalie, that wrote that, not Katie.

Katie B said...

I hope they're not meeting at the gas station in Wildwood!

Robin said...

sorry. I couldn't figure out how Katie could be stuck on a word. I should have known better, since she is our resident expert

Leah said...

Boys are just competitive.