Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Muchos Tacos, Por Favor

Last night we went to Taco Casa for dinner. We walked in just in time to hear the guy behind the counter give this really young couple their total: $73 and some change.

Excuse me?

I remember being a little shocked when a male coworker went to lunch with us girls a few years ago and his total was $12. I mean, TC is a place where you can order lunch and get change from your $5.

Back to my story. These people had ordered 75 tacos. Seventy-five tacos. Unbelievable. Such bad timing. And, oh Lord, she was paying with cash and a credit card. But it gets worse.

We sat down and waited TWENTY minutes (this is fast food, people)! Finally we stopped talking long enough to look around and realize the 75-tacos couple was gone, and another couple who came in after us was throwing away their trash. And another man at the counter was getting his to-go order.

They lost our order. But we got a free bag of sopapillas, so I got over it.

1 comments:

Katie B said...

Where were they going with the 75 tacos? And why wasn't I invited?