Thursday, September 27, 2007

Seat Belt Chafing

My only complaint about my (sort of) new car is the seat belt. It is attached to the seat, not the side of the car, so it can't be adjusted, and the edge of it rubs my neck. It really kind of hurts. I usually just stretch my shirt up over my neck, which looks ridiculous but stops the pain.

Not anymore.

Yesterday on the way back to work after lunch, I saw an old couple driving by in their Caddy. The old lady had this big pad/cushion thing that wrapped around her seat belt, preventing it from cutting into her neck.

Brilliant. Wouldn't I look so cool with one of those? Anybody know where to buy old-people car accessories? No telling what else is out there! And I'm totally sure I could get it monogrammed. Score.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I think there's something you can buy so that the seatbelt will sit differently. You don't want it up too high in case of a wreck.

Anonymous said...

Duh, the Snapdragon

Stephanie said...

ha ha. Thanks, mom.

Anonymous said...

http://www.chachadesigns.com/Scripts/PublicSite/?template=ViewCat

These are great seat belt wraps! And they look great monogrammed!