Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ready for Kick-off

We sold our tickets and are watching the UGA/OK State game down here. We're not even going out for seafood tonight. It's pizza at Frankie D's across the street, then back to our respective condos. We have to eat at, like, 5:00. That way, in case we, well, you know, don't win, we don't have to get out and see people. I'm serious.

We don't mingle for the games. The Rickey Gibsons and the Ken Gibsons (my dad & family and my uncle & family) do not watch with other people, especially if there are children present. We need quiet. We have to focus. And we have to stay away from those other members of our family, otherwise known as Auburn fans. Mostly they married in. I have one cousin who is a defector, and she's taking her two kids down with her. Oh, and my cousin's new girlfriend graduated from Florida. Boo. Hiss. Strike one. She better work hard to make up for that one.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

When is this vacation over? Because it sounds to me like tomorrow morning could be ugly.

Stephanie said...

It's gonna be even uglier if Kansas State stays up on Auburn. But me? I'm happy!!!

Katie B said...

Sorry to be a pest, but didn't you get a camera? I need some pictures! Not of the naked European dude, though.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm... November 10th. I may have to make a little trip back to the good ole dixie. Just a thought.

Stephanie said...

yee-haw! come on!
sorry, guys, been without Internet for a few days. I'll be back soon...with photos!!

Katie B said...

Thank goodness. I was beginning to wonder if something happened to you.

Leah said...

Is this another freeze-out?

Katie B said...

I don't think I have to tell you how disappointed I was when I checked your blog today.

Stephanie said...

Sigh. You don't. I'm a loser. I swear, I'm swamped. I'm not ignoring on purpose. Tonight's the night. After I finish work, eat dinner with my grandparents, go to the grocery store, make food for Julia's shower, wrap her gift, and finish some ornaments. So...check back around 4am.

Katie B said...

Excellent! I'll be up at 4!

Leah said...

And tonight's my late night at People!