Friday, March 23, 2012

The Happiness Challenge: Day 23

It wasn't all that long ago that I learned scrambled dogs are not a Southern thing—they're a Columbus thing. I'm a BIG fan of hot dogs in general (no bratwurst, bleh), but when I talked about eating a chili dog in a dish with pickles, onions, cheese, and oyster crackers, people in Birmingham looked at me like I had four heads.

Y'all are missing out:


I've been ordering scrambled dogs all the way with vinegar-and-salt potato chips and a sweet tea at Dinglewood Pharmacy since I can remember. Lieutenant (birth certificate name) makes the best chili in the world, and I pretty much need a fix every time I go home.

Dinglewood Pharmacy

When my dad's paying after we eat, I usually slip about 15 banana Laffy Taffys in for dessert. You haven't lived till you've gotten sick off banana candy. Mmm.

This post started out making me really happy, but now I'm just super sad that I'm not in Columbus so I can go eat one of these tomorrow. If gas wasn't $14 a gallon I might make a day trip just for a scrambled dog.

I keep trying to tell you people: Georgia is AWESOME. Yay! Go Dawgs! (That has nothing to do with hot dogs, but it seemed an appropriate way to end this post.)

0 comments: