You thought I forgot, didn't ya? Really, what I've done is cut myself short by 16 days. I have two weeks less time than everyone else to get my resolutions done. Planned it like that. I don't do anything the easy way.
Here's what I came up with.
1a. Read more. I love to read, but the last couple of years I haven't read nearly as much as I wanted to. Ideally, I'd like to go to bed an hour earlier each night so I can read. This will most definitely be challenging for me. Maybe I'll choose one night a week to be a reading-only night.
1b. Read the books I have before buying new ones. I am a compulsive book-buyer.
2. Work on time-management. This just spills over into every area of my life. And this may or may not be attainable. But I can try.
3. Go to the market at Pepper Place. I know. It's absurd that I've never been. But making it a resolution ensures that I will in 2009.
4. Stick to a budget. Take my lunch to work more. Plan better grocery trips. These all work together.
5. Declutter. Declutter my house. Declutter my car. Declutter my life. I have lofty goals.
6a. Eat alone at a restaurant bar. This will be hard for me, but I'm determined to do it.
6b. Go to the movies by myself. See above.
7. Try new restaurants in Birmingham. I love eating out, love good food. I won't get too crazy (see #4), I just need to try some great places that I've been dying to experience.
Wish me luck!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Posted by Stephanie at 8:24 PM