Monday, November 12, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Yesterday, while I was in Columbus, the kids my sister, brother, and I have babysat and half-raised walked into the same restaurant where we were eating lunch. Kennedy, my not-so-secret favorite, was patiently putting up with my tight hugs and hundreds of kisses. I finally said, "I can't believe this! I haven't seen you in so long!" He looked at me, kind of rolled his eyes, and said, "Well, I've really just had a lot going on."

Gotta say, it kind of hurt my feelings a little bit that a 7-year-old is too busy for me!

6 comments:

Ione said...

Natalie got me a monogram for my car!!!!!!! My husband has officially been emasculated, though he's being a very good sport about it. yay!

Stephanie said...

ha ha ha. So has mine! But he's being cool. I'm glad you like yours!

Katie B said...

I'm so glad that the poll is catching on! Your question is, of course, the exact same question that's on www.ew.com right now, but I give you credit nonetheless.

Robin said...

That's funny, Stephanie. 7 years old, going on 17.
This is a glimpse into my future-Bo is 5 and already busy.

It just dawned on me that Jenn is the Stephanie of the North.

The Yankee Stephanie. Am I the last one to notice that?

Stephanie said...

What?!? Those sneaks. I totally came up with that myself. You know I don't read EW. They obviously copied me.

I can only imagine the things Bo will say by the time he's 7!

Stephanie said...

I gotta meet Jenn!