Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crazy for Christmas Decorations


I started putting up the Christmas stuff Sunday night. Here's a photo of the pink bedroom tree. It's not the one that's been up all year. I found these super cheap stockings at Michael's and then had my friend monogram them. They say "Naughty" and "Nice."

I was kind of mad that the weather had gotten warm again, so I turned the air-conditioner down low and put on a sweatshirt and some holiday pj bottoms from Old Navy. Then I cranked up the Christmas music and lit the Frasier Fir candle.

Oh, and the presents are fake. I just had gift wrap leftover from a work project, and the colors were too perfect for this tree. So I wrapped up some empty boxes.

What? Everyone doesn't do this? Scrooges.

8 comments:

Katie B said...

Justin and I had this conversation last night. And I quote:

K: On my way home, I noticed that several people have their trees up already.
J: Does that surprise you?
K: Yeah, a little.
J: There are freaks who start early every year.

Stephanie said...

Hmph! I am no freak! I just get annoyed at putting in all that work and then taking decorations down three weeks later. Plus, I'm leaving today and won't be back til Thursday, and my party is Dec. 15 so I want to be ready.

So there.

PS: Impressive that you posted at 3:17 AM.

Leah said...

It's very cute. And very Stephanie!

Natalie said...

So... you have TWO bedroom Christmas trees?

Robin said...

I saw the work project in the Christmas at home issue.
Well done.

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Mrs. Demaree!

Well, here's the scoop on the trees. Two bedrooms=two trees. I have this one in our guest room and the one that's been up all year is in our bedroom.

I know. I'm not right.

Anonymous said...

I like it all. The more decorations the better as long as I dont have to put them up or take them down. The tree in the pink room is very cool. Keep up the good work!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Rob. Here's how my husband gets out of dealing with the Christmas trees: I just leave them up all year.

I'm not sure what's worse.