Thursday, March 6, 2008

More War Stories From the Road

Sheesh. Yesterday traffic into work was a little backed up. That's because the incredibly intelligent folks over at the Alabama DOT had people walking in between cars at a stoplight on Hwy. 280 passing out surveys or something. I don't know exactly what they were because I refused to take one. You can't mail something to people? I can't imagine that I would just say "okay" if my boss told me to park myself on the road beside the Summit at lunchtime and pass paper out to drivers. It would be something more along the lines of, "I quit."

UPDATE: OMG, they were at it again last night! Traffic was backed up as far as I could see at 7:30, so I made a U turn and took a shortcut home. Thirty minutes later, as I approached my turn, I saw flashing lights and several DOT vehicles. Those idiots were passing out surveys again in the pitch blackness of the evening. I was fuming. You really had to see how bad this screwed up traffic to understand. Plus, this cannot be safe. I almost ran one of them over just to prove my point.

3 comments:

Robin said...

you made me laugh outloud....run over him just to prove your point.

Stephanie said...

ha ha. And you know what? I'm really not kidding :0

Robin said...

and THAT is what made me laugh