Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Think I'm Weird

I downloaded an assortment of songs from iTunes last night with the gift card that the Easter Bunny brought me. One of those songs is "Wedding Bell Blues" by The 5th Dimension (aka "Will You Marry Me, Bill"). It takes me back to a great Gilmore Girls episode...and back a bit more to when I used to pretend I was going to marry Bill Hemmer and play this song at our wedding.

On a less strange note, I did finally track down the awesome song from the Sex and the City promo for the last season, the one where Carrie is strutting across the bridge carrying red balloons. It's a cover of an old Betty Hutton song, "It's Oh So Quiet" by Bjork. Betty's version is "Blow a Fuse."

I also picked up a little Louis Armstrong, Chantal Kreviazuk, Imogen Heap, and the Fugees. Guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic. All in all, a productive evening.

9 comments:

Katie B said...

Are you looking for confirmation that you're weird? You got it when you downloaded Bjork.

Natalie said...

I've seriously always wondered what kinds of people downloaded Bjork. Hm. Now I know.

Stephanie said...

Gu-uys. I don't like Bjork normally. I swear! But that song is awesome. Probably because it isn't originally hers.

Anonymous said...

"It takes me back to a great Gilmore Girls episode...and back a bit more to when I used to pretend I was going to marry Bill Hemmer and play this song at our wedding."

That hurts a little bit.

Stephanie said...

Oh, Sean, I quit pretending shortly after we got married.

Mostly.

The Bakers said...

Sean reads the blog? Uh oh. Does this mean we have to stop posting about how hot we all think he is?

Unknown said...

What was that Bjork song?? The famous one??

Stephanie said...

Oh, yes, Julia. Sean has always read the blog, he just doesn't comment that often. But you shouldn't stop. Why do you think he reads?

Stephanie said...

Hmmm, Brooke. Army of Me?