Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'll Leave You With This

Today, on my ride down from the 20th floor of the Midtown Atlanta Ritz-Carlton, the elevator stopped on the 17th floor.

And Al Sharpton stepped in. He did not return my slight smile and nod, but rather stared smugly ahead as he walked in. He looks the same in person as he does on t.v., only slightly smaller. He seems mean. His minion, carrying two laptop-size bags, smiled and said hello before calling someone on a cell phone to report, "We're on our way down."

Around the fifth floor, Al's cell phone rang.

He has a dumb ringtone. So there.

P.S. They did both step back and let me and my overstuffed Vera Bradley bags off the elevator first.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al is a professional whiner & sympathizier! Of course he didn't acknowledge your existence, you were not whining about your pinky toe being wronged in some manner that hurt your feelings in a way that will stay with your forever....unless you sue that person who may (or may not) have hurt your pinky for your pain & suffering of having your pedicure damaged. Only then would he speak to you to find out if you were damaged enough to get him on TV!

Katie B said...

THE REVEREND Al Sharpton!?!?! That's quite a celebrity sighting. PLEASE tell me you snapped a picture with your camera phone. What was his hair like up close??

Robin said...

I am not surprised that he has a dumb ringtone.

He is only nice if there is a camera crew present.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

“ What I do functionally is what Dr. King, Reverend Jackson and the movement are all about; but I learned manhood from James Brown. I always say that James Brown taught me how to be a man. ”

So I have to ask, was his ringtone James Brown?

Stephanie said...

ha ha. Lindsey, you nailed it.

His hair is just as comical in person. Big comb-back. Black and gray. I wish I'd gotten a photo but I didn't want to give him the pleasure.

Hey, Lynlee, remind me, I'll play it for you at church. It's the Verizon default ring!

Leah said...

Everyone looks smaller in person. Especially Paul Rudd. He must be a size 6. In women's.