Thursday, June 28, 2007

First Time for Everything


This weekend at Brooke's cookout, I touched my friend Katie's belly for the first time. I've never reached out and touched her at random, never even asked. I think this freaks out pregnant women, but really, a lot of people feel like they have free rein to touch the belly. It's weird. I mean, if someone is just, ahem, plump, people do not walk around going, "Oh, let me touch your fat belly." No? So, until last Friday night, I resisted. I'm not THAT curious, but there just came a point where I thought, "Everyone else has, why should I miss out?" I did ask and receive permission first. And I know Katie. She really would have told me no if she wanted to. Anyway, Brooke (to whom I owe photography fees) snapped a shot of the occasion. Hey, it was a big deal!

5 comments:

Katie B said...

Okay, so now I see why people look alarmed when I tell them I have a month to go.

Stephanie said...

I'm telling you, it's just the angle. They have no right!

Natalie said...

I think it's a good thing that you've never reached out and touched Katie at random, pregnant or not. That's probably why you're still friends!

Robin said...

I think she looks beautiful.

Stephanie said...

She does :)