Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Want a Do-Over

So I'm off work this entire week, but we aren't going out of town till Wednesday. I had a good plan for Monday and Tuesday. Our pool is closed for maintenance on Mondays, so, even though it was super sunny and there was a light breeze, I followed the rules and chose to clean/clean out yesterday. I organized, mopped, scrubbed, etc., all before 11am. And then the power went out. And it stayed out. It got so hot inside. Not sure if that was the air or just my blood boiling. For some reason, I just couldn't focus. And even with the blinds open, it's too dark to continue organizing closets. I finally called AL Power. "Yes," the too-cheery automated voice tells me. "It looks like there's a problem in your area that may be affecting you." Yeah? Seems a tree has fallen on some lines. For some reason, this just infuriates me. She promises the power will be back on by 7pm. SEVEN! Meanwhile, I see loads of people heading up to the pool, and staying there. I guess they ignored the "pool closed" sign. And of course the office staff locked up when the power went out, so no one was there to send them away. I just stuck to my original plan of going to the pool all day today. But, as I type, it's gray and cloudy. Not even a hint of sun. I'd like to trade these vacation days for a couple different ones, maybe early August. You hear that, AL Power? Rain god?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).