Thursday, June 21, 2007

Poor Larry

I was talking to my dad last night, and he told me he'd read in the paper that Larry Munson might be retiring this year. Larry is the Voice of the Bulldogs. He's been calling UGA games as far back as I can remember. But his health is failing, and, to be honest, he's been a little off for the past couple of seasons. This makes me want to cry. Some of you will find this silly, but I can't imagine not hearing him yell, "Touchdown, Georgia!" ever again. I'm kind of sad.




UPDATE: Larry Munson will call home games this season, but he won't be traveling to away games. At least it's something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a bummer about Munson. Listen, I have a question - I bought this corduroy skirt at the B&W outlet a few weeks ago. It hits a couple inches above the knee, and is pale brown. It has pockets, and is kind of in the "cargo" style as they say. I am torn as to when I should wear this skirt. I want to wear it now, because it's new and you know how I can't wait two seconds to wear new clothes. But the thing that is stopping me is the corduroy. Steph. In your opinion, what should I do?
—bewildered in birmingham

Stephanie said...

Dear Bewildered,
I say wear the skirt. And work it, girl. Corduroy has traditionally been a fall/winter fabric, but I think that rule has been thrown out the window, along with the no-white-before-Easter-or-after-Labor Day rule. Heck, down here we wear open-toe shoes year-round. Besides, Angelina wore crushed velvet to her recent movie premiere. If you really want to get crazy, pair that skirt with a linen top and some closed-toe slingbacks. The world will turn upside down!