Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Late Bloomer

I can't believe I've just created a blog. I've always been a little slow, hence the title of the inaugural post. I'm just now joining the blogosphere. Hmm...where to start. The name of my blog comes from a line my husband, Sean, says I feed him a lot. Shortly after we got married three years ago, I discovered something: I'm very opinionated. I have strong opinions about things I'm not even sure I care that much about. Is that possible? Anyway, whenever Sean makes the mistake of telling me a decision he's made or, God forbid, asking my opinion about something, I launch into long, detailed, sometimes heated explanations about my thoughts and why my way is (of course) the right way. And then, to soften the blow, I finish with this: "That's just my opinion. You can do whatever you want." Which, of course, means, "You're an idiot if you don't do it my way." Something to work on.

This is serious pressure, kind of like choosing a lunch table at a new high school. Will the cool bloggers read mine? Do dorks exist in blogger world? Will anyone read this? Sigh. I'm going to forward the link to Sean now. That guarantees one instant fan. Right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely a fan. And you are opinionated.

Natalie said...

I'm hooked already, and I was cracking up at your entries. Thanks for linking to Bo's blog!