Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tripped Up

Okay. This is rather embarrassing. On the way home from Athens Sunday, I stopped at a QT for some gas. After I got the pump going, I stepped over the hose and put my debit card back inside the car. For some reason I was going to look at something on the back of my car, and as I went to step over the hose again, I got tangled in it somehow. I don't know what happened, but I couldn't seem to get both feet over the hose. I did the less-than-graceful almost-fall, bent at the waist with arms midair, then I kind of skipped with the caught leg high up in the air behind me. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Then I looked around to see who caught my move. Some dude totally saw me. I briefly made eye contact, then crouched down and pretended to be really interested in tightening the "G" plug on my trailer hitch.

This was a low point. Total humiliation.

0 comments: