Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Confession

I'm going to admit something. I totally still have a Christmas tree up. That's right. Yeah, you think it's ridiculous but, I swear, seems like I put it up just yesterday.

This isn't a live tree. It's not in my living room or anything. Last year I got a little (snicker) behind putting up decorations. I go overboard at Christmastime (stop snorting, I know I'm predictable) so the clean-up is a real chore. I was out of room to store stuff, it was cold and dreary outside, and, to be honest, I really just didn't feel like undoing the elaborate tree in my bedroom. So it's still there.

I kept meaning to put it away, but I just never did. And you know what? I'm not taking it down now either. It's October--only about six weeks before I'd drag it all out again. What a waste of energy. And it's decorated in lime green and black, the same colors as the bedroom, so it's not too Christmasy. Except for the whole "Christmas tree" part. Oh, and the glittery silver tree ornaments. Besides, I haven't plugged it in since December 2006. I mean, please. I'm not a total freak.

5 comments:

Katie B said...

You realize we make fun of my mother-in-law for this same thing? Just because it's a fabulous lime green-and-black tree doesn't make it okay!

I have to ask: Is Sean okay with this?

Stephanie said...

I gotta be honest--not sure he notices. Our bedroom is sort of a chaotic mess, and you know we spent the summer in the guest bedroom, so...

Hey, at least it isn't in the living room!

Leah said...

My friend Amy's mom leaves all the decorations on her tree and moves it to another part of the house. Then at Christmas she puts it back again.

Is the tree itself lime green?! I think we need a picture.

Stephanie said...

The tree itself is just regular dark green. The decorations are green and black and silver...but not citrus lime green, it's more restrained.

I almost stored it in the shower that we don't use. I wanted to carry it, decorated, to the storage unit, but I was afraid I'd fall down the stairs.

Leah said...

Now that's just sad. You know we're going to make fun of you about it for awhile, don't you?