Friday, October 12, 2007

Fashion Police

Y'all. I really almost rolled right off the treadmill when I saw this last night.

I was trying to get in a short workout before my class at the Y, just walking along, listening to a little Kenny Chesney on my iPod, when this tiny man caught my eye.

By "tiny," I mean he wasn't anywhere near 5 feet tall.

He was wearing a little black shirt that had been cut off above the waist. And some short hot pink shorts. I mean Nair commercial we-wear-short-shorts short. Seriously, he looked like Richard Simmons's kid, only much older, and without the hair.

This man was fo' real about his fitness. His waist was cinched real tight with one of those exercise belts. And, bless his heart, he stayed in the Mystic Tan booth one session too many.

I think the Y is gonna have to start enforcing a dress code because there are just too many folks out there with no home training. Remember the elementary school rule that stated that the hem of your skirt/shorts had to be below your fingertips? That doesn't seem so lame anymore.

9 comments:

Katie B said...

I'm just staring at my computer, mouth agape.

You're on fire! Well done.

Stephanie said...

ha ha. Thanks. Your standards are high. Glad I met them.

Leah said...

What class are you taking?

I wish you could see all the girls from Queens and The Bronx on the subway. Sometimes you really wouldn't believe it. Yesterday I saw some earrings that were 5 in. long and 5 in. wide. Julia said that there was a girl on "What Not to Wear" like that and they told her she was "on the 6." As in the subway.

Stephanie said...

That's hilarious!

I've been going to BodyFlow. It's a combo of Pilates, Yogo, and Tai Chi.

Leah said...

I belong to the Jewish Y!

Unknown said...

Huh? How can there be a Jewish Y?

Steph, this blog is strong, but it could be stronger with a photograph. I know that's not allowed at the gym, but, you're resourceful.

Natalie said...

Bo and I are looking at blogs tonight and Bo says, "Hey, who's blog is this?" I say, "Aunt Katie's friend Stephanie." And he says, "What a rip off. Where are all the pictures?"

Katie B said...

HA! You would never suspect that Steph got a fancy new camera for her birthday, would you Bo?

Stephanie said...

ha ha ha. Sorry, Bo. I'm just not as cute as you are!