Monday, October 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So I have a new place to live. Whew. Thanks to my very, very awesome friend Julia, I am now the proud renter of a fabulous three-bedroom, two-bath condo located less than five minutes to work and convenient to absolutely everything else. I'm already hard at work with fabric samples and paint chips.

I signed the lease today. This is a huge relief (and blessing). I'm going to have to call Julia soon, though, because, as noted on an addendum that I signed, my servants (except nurses accompanying children) are to make entrance and exit from the building through service entrances, and they will not be allowed to stand or loiter in the halls or corridor or on the stairs, or to be on the roof or in the basement, except on business. I'm not sure where to have my housekeeper enter.

9 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations, Stephanie. what a huge load off of your mind.

Summah said...

congrats, girl. I'm so happy for you :)

Katie B said...

And you signed the lease anyway? No one is going to tell me where and when my servants can come and go.

Unknown said...

Yay! I can't wait to "walk" over and see you.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Katie. Hey Steph, send the housekeeper over to me...she can enter wherever the heck she wants to!

The Bakers said...

Household help issues aside, your friend does sound pretty awesome.

Stephanie said...

Ha ha. Mom, I'll send her back in the truck with Little Zach.

Hey, Julia, you should meet my friend. She's so cool.

Anonymous said...

When's the paint party?!

Leah said...

I'm impressed that you are already picking out paint. It's taken me months, and then I still have to redo it.