Monday, October 20, 2008

Enjoy a Big Laugh On Me

Let me get straight to the punch line.

I fell down some stairs Friday night.

It was raining, they were slippery, down I went.

Not the normal way. No. Most folks would've slipped and landed butt first. Instead, I slipped, fell to my knees with my feet under me, and slid down the rest of the way. I am now the proud owner of a bruised and swollen big toe and two gross bruises, one for each foot. On my right foot, the bruise wraps nicely around my ankle, making it supremely uncomfortable—albeit comical—to walk.

Katie called me "special." And even though I know she meant it in a short bus kind of way, I forgive her. Cause I think she's right.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Bless Your Heart.

Robin said...

Stephanie, I am glad you are ok. I have fallen down stairs several times and have been lucky in my landing.

my worst time was sophomore year, going to prom with 3 seniors (Doug, his friend and date) and taking pics at the date's house. she was a cheerleader. I was a snot nosed sophomore. Intimidated.

I tripped and fell down the stair and knocked every picture off the wall on the way down. sigh. my bruises were on the inside.

Anonymous said...

I have been there, and the 8 inch bruise on my shin was still there, just in a lighter shade, a year later! I wish you & your bruises the best of luck!!

And when people say, "bless your heart", I think that does mean you are "special" when it comes after a klutzy story?!! Just remember to wear your helmet next time!

Stephanie said...

I'm pretty darn sure Nat is most definitely making fun of me!

Natalie said...

I never knew that until my sister moved South... amazing the things you learn...

Stephanie said...

So you're blaming your sister? Typical. ha ha.

Katie B said...

Hey, I've fallen down many a stair in my life, so I know special when I see it.

Summah said...

Um, can we please talk about my monumental fall down the stairs in building three? And the fact that I twisted my ankle, caught my heel in the back of my eyelet dress (oh yes, in one of the eyeholes, or whatever they are called), ripped the dress, and fell on my knees? Talk about humiliating.

I don't think I ever wore a pair of heels into SPC after. I refused.

Summah said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I tried to stand up, I ended up hopping around until someone around me could free my heel from the hole in my dress. I was helpless.