Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bell Ringers

Yesterday I saw two of the most exuberant Salvation Army bell ringers ever. One guy outside Walmart was yelling, "MERRY Christmas! HAP-py NEW Year." He was talking really fast, sing-songing the whole way through. It was pretty funny. On the other end of the store another bell ringer was super enthusiastic as well. When I responded to his greeting with, "Fine, how are you," he gives me this: "Oh, I'm fantastic, just enjoying this wonderful, beautiful, magnificent day that our Lord Jesus has given to me."

Which is nice. But he couldn't get it out fast enough, and it just got awkward. I was in a hurry, and I had to stop and wait about five minutes for him to finish. He might consider removing one of the adjectives.

The bell ringer at Sam's was much more sedate. I think he was tired.

1 comments:

Robin said...

People paid us NOT to sing when we were bell ringers.