Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Welcome to Arby's, Mama

The other day I abandoned my task of taking down Christmas decorations to run to Arby's. I placed my order, and when I got up to the window, the following exchange took place.

Arby's lady: "How you doin', mama. That'll be $5.19."

Me: "Um, fine, thanks. Here you go."

Arby's lady (referring to my tea): "Sweet or unsweet, baby?"

Me: "Unsweet, please."

Arby's lady: "You need some sugar, Equal, Sweet-N-Low?"

Me: "Yes, Sweet-N-Low."

Arby's lady: "What color is that? Pink? Gotta help me out, baby. How many?"

Me: "Two."

Arby's lady: "Here's a bunch. Just keep them in your car or something."

The part that stuck out most in my head? Why the heck did she call me "mama?"

4 comments:

Summah said...

it was arby's.
and she could have called you worse...imagine how that whole conversation would've changed had she called you "mother."

Natalie said...

What's your favorite thing to eat at Arby's mama? I like the potato cakes myself.

Leah said...

Mmmm...curly fries with cheese sauce. They don't have Arby's around here.

Stephanie said...

ha ha. Thanks, Summer.

Hmmm...Sean's a big fan of the potato cakes, but I really love the cheese sticks and curly fries. Although sometimes I feel bad for eating so much fried stuff, so I get a regular roast beef and curly fries.

I'm getting hungry.