Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ring, Ring

My parents gave my grandmother a cell phone for Christmas. After she opened it, my brother went into the hallway to call her. It was so loud with everyone talking and the kids laughing, but Grams sat in her chair, pretending to have a conversation. It went like this.

Grams: Hello? Hello?

Zach: Hey, Grams.

Grams: Hello?

Meanwhile, Zach can't hear her, hangs up the phone, and walks back behind her chair.

Grams: Hello? Okay. Okay. (Nods her head.)

Zach: Grams?

Grams: Yeah?

Zach: Who are you talking to?

It cracked up all of us, even her. After things quieted down, my dad taught her how to use it.





1 comments:

Robin said...

that is hilarious. Shortly after my mother got her phone she called me in a panic because it was dead and she couldn't get it to take a charge.

It was just turned off.

Be prepared.